Position: Business Administrator/Board Secretary
Full time position
Anticipated Opening: January 1, 2020
Interim candidate applications will also be considered
- Valid New Jersey School Business Administrator Standard Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility.
- Previous experience in public school business administration and/or as the Secretary of the Board of Education required.
- Understanding of the principles and practices of financial accounting and reporting procedures consistent with statute, code and GAAP requirements.
- Knowledge of accepted business practices in school districts related to budget preparation and administration, federal and state grant budgeting and administration, insurance, purchasing, transportation, food services, school operations, human resources and facility planning.
- Oversees the preparation of the district’s payroll and ensures proper maintenance of records related to auditing requirements, tax laws, and employee benefits.
- Demonstrates strong organizational, communication, technology, and interpersonal skills.
- Such alternative or additional qualifications as the Board of Education may deem appropriate.
Interested candidates should email cover letter, resume, and certification to: firstname.lastname@example.org