Looking to join a team who successfully opened camp last summer....
The Aquatics Director will provide leadership in the development, implementation, promotion and administration of the aquatics programs that are responsive to the needs of the camp; ensure effective staffing of lifeguards and instructors who lead quality programs and services; and follow JCC and state guidelines for managing an aquatic facility.
- Available June 28th-August 20th, 2021
- Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED Certified
- Experience managing aquatic staff and swim program
- Working knowledge of pool maintenance and equipment
- Develop, implement, and oversee aquatic programs that reflect camp needs and maintain the JCC's high standards of quality, safety and caring.
- Remain current and in front of trends and developments in the aquatics area.
- Coordinate the operation (teaching and staffing) of the summer camp instructional & free swim program.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate lifeguards and swim instructors.
- Maintain records and statistics with respect to camp and other aquatics-related programs.
- Monitor and deliver participant records and certifications.
- Ensure enforcement of pool policies.
- Develop and conduct drills for handling emergencies.
- Ensure that pools meet all health and safety standards including a clean environment, appropriate air and water temperature, chemical balance and timely pool water testing and backwashing. Secure pool facilities when not in use.
- Team Member - Serve as a member of JCC Abrams Camps staff team.
Competitive Salary, Staff benefits and big resume builder as we are a National non-profit organization.
If you love Aquatics and children and want a transformable summer please click here to begin your on-line application: www.jccabramscamps.org/join-our-team and visit our website at www.JCCAbramsCamps.org.