SPECIAL EDUCATION/INCLUSION CLASS TEACHER
Glassboro Public Schools is currently seeking a Special Education/Inclusion Class Teacher at the Bullock School for the 2018-19 School Year. This position begins September 1, 2019.
Applicants should be comfortable working with a diverse student population, and display a caring & consistent management style. He/she should have knowledge of Balanced Literacy, the Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark System, FUNdations/DIBELS & Schoolwide PBIS/SEL. The successful candidate must be able to ensure a safe and positive learning environment while delivering both whole group & small group instruction.
- Plan in written form and execute in practice a program of study that meets the individual needs, abilities, and interests of all students assigned.
- Implement the educational program and comprehensive related services as outlined in the student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the student.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and – in harmony with the goals – establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Provide an instructional program closely related to and coordinated with the regular program so that all students meet and exceed the State Core Curriculum Content Standards as outlined in the student’s IEP, modifying methods and materials as needed
- Establish and maintain cooperative relations with others
- State of NJ Teacher Certification (2475 - Students with Disabilties) Required
- State of NJ Teacher Certification (1001 – Elementary Teacher in Grades K-5 OR 1013 – Preschool through Grade 3 Teacher) REQUIRED
- Experience teaching and working with children with exceptional needs preferred
- High interpersonal relationship skills in dealing with fellow professionals, students and parents
- Ability to Work with a Diverse Population implementing the Framework of Universal Design for Learning
- Experience with Balanced Literacy, Writer’s Workshop, Standards Based Math Stations, and Data Analysis
- Successful Completion of Fingerprinting and Criminal History Review Process
You may use the APPLY button.