Title: Cafeteria Playground Aide
- High school diploma
- Minimum experience as determined by the board.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with children and adults and to perform assigned duties.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
REPORTS TO: Principal/Cafeteria Manager
To assist in the maintenance of an orderly, safe, and pleasant atmosphere in the cafeteria by helping and supervising students at mealtimes.
- Supervises students in the cafeteria during meals.
- Maintains a system for orderly food purchase by pupils, disposal of food waste, return of trays and utensils.
- Sees that students are seated in assigned areas.
- Circulates among the tables during mealtime to be available to children who need help or to resolve any minor problems that arise.
- Informs assigned teacher of any serious infractions of discipline rules by students.
- Ensures the cleanliness of tables and surrounding areas.
- Organizes groups for orderly dismissal from the cafeteria.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Prepares and inspects outside playing area prior to lunch period to ensure student safety.