The Monmouth-Ocean Educational Services Commission (MOESC) is seeking qualified candidates to fill a position as a Special Education Teacher for the 2022-23 school year at our Regional Achievement Academy, Alternative School, in Tinton Falls, NJ.
Job Information / Requirements:
Required: TOSD or TOH
Must have knowledge NJ of New Jersey Student Learning Standards. Desire to work with at-risk students is a plus.
1. Valid New Jersey department of Education Teacher Certification in the field of Instruction.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in area to be taught.
REPORTS TO: Principal/Director and/or Supervisor
- Plan appropriate instructional/learning strategies and activities, including determination of appropriate principles of learning, classroom organizational structures, and kind and level of materials.
- Implement an instructional program which provides appropriate learning experiences for each student.
- Utilize a variety of instructional materials and available multimedia and computer technology to enhance learning.
- Assess student achievements related to desired educational goals, objectives, and outcomes. Maintain appropriate assessment and evaluation documentation for institutional and individual reporting purposes.
- Manage the behavior of students in instructional setting to ensure environment is conducive to the learning process.
- Coordinate instructional activities and collaborates with other professional staff, both school and nonschool based, as required to maximize learning opportunities.
- Request assistance of and work with resource personnel, as needed.
- Manage allotted learning time to maximize student achievement.
- Supervise and assign work to classroom aides and parent/student volunteers, if appropriate.
- Ensure continuous communication with parents, both written and oral, to keep them informed of students’ progress.
- Ensure classroom and/or instructional environment is attractive, healthful, safe, and conducive to learning and that materials are in good condition and accessible to students.
- Participate in program wide student activities.
- Participate in the writing implementation of education plans and reviews as required.
- Work in a self-contained, team, departmental, itinerant capacity, or at a field work site, as assigned.
- Participate in in-services and staff development activities and staff meetings as required.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Part Time, 10 months
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the MOESC’s Board’s policy on evaluation of professional personnel.
MOESC is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer