The Burlington Township School District has an anticipated opening for an ESL Teacher at the Burlington Township Middle School @ Springside. Must embrace and promote the mission and vision of the Burlington Township School District. Teach the students the subject matter, and skills which will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible individuals. Ability to speak Punjabi or experience working with a Punjabi speaking population is desriable. Please indicate this experience in the application process. Contribute toward the immediate and long range goals of the District and to instruct students in their charge in accordance with the curriculum adopted by the Board of Education. Contribute to the overall educational climate of the school.
Responsibilities include planning and conducting daily and long range program of study which meets the needs of all learners. Creating a safe learning environment which is conducive to learning and appropriate to maturity and interests of the students. Gudie the learning process toward the achievment of curricular goals, while establishing clear students objectives for all lessons, units, projects and activities. Click here to view the complete teacher job description.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
- Valid New Jersey Teacher of English as a Second Language Certification
- Must meet New Jersey residency requirements.
- Ability to speak Punjabi or experience working with Punjabi speaking population desirable.
- Experience working with second language learners preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective teaching methos and developmentally appropriate classroom activities.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and motivated. Self-starter. Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and demonstrate flexibility.
- Required criminal history background check, proof of US citizenship or legal resident alien status.
The Burlington Township Board of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, political affiliation, sexual orientation, armed forces liability, physical disability, social or economic status.