Union County Educational Services Commission is a public school district that provides innovative and cost-effective educational solutions for students enrolled in its 21 member public school districts. The Commission is currently seeking an experienced and dedicated School Nurse to fill a full-time, tenure track position at Westlake School in Westfield, New Jersey. This public middle and high school fprogram serves students between the ages of 8-21 with cognitive impairments, multiple disabilities and autism spectrum disorders. Responsibilities include health screenings, emergency first aid, care of students and staff who are ill or injured, health education, staff training, coordination of care with outside agencies, and maintenance of health records.
- Full Time, 10-Month Position
- Monday - Friday, 8:20 - 2:40 p.m.
- Opportunities for Summer Employment
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Prescription Insurance
- NJ State Pension Enrollment (TPAF)
- Competitive Public School Salary
- Paid Sick, Personal and Family Illness Days
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university
- New Jersey Criminal History Review
- School Nurse Standard Certification with instructional endorsement issued by the NJ Department of Education
- Prior experience providing school nursing services, preferable in a public school setting
- Knowledge of specialized medical needs of students with developmental, cognitive and physical disabilities
- Inbterpersonal skills needed to relate effectively with students, parents, administration, staff and community partners