CO-DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS
The Hun School of Princeton seeks an exceptional athletic professional to fill the role of
Co-Director of Athletics .
Reporting to the Headmaster, the Co-Director of Athletics is responsible for working collaboratively to oversee, plan, co-direct and administer Middle and Upper School student athletic activities and programs, with special concentration on ensuring high-quality, rewarding experiences for female athletes and teams.
The Co-Director of Athletics will have the following responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of the School’s Administrative Team;
- Management of female athletic programs and non-competitive team and extracurricular programs;
- Recruit, hire, orient, train, supervise and evaluate coaches for female athletics;
- Assist with coordination of middle and upper school faculty coaching assignments and evaluations for female athletics;
- Coordinate scheduling of all athletic contests, home and away games, officials, and transportation;
- Plan, evaluate and execute programs and events for major athletic contests, and special School events;
- Coordinate, propose and co-manage athletic budget;
- Supervise athletic department administrative assistant;
- Manage disbursement, collection, cleaning and repairing of equipment, inventory, and uniforms;
- Maintain and manage team rooms and female locker rooms;
- Coach at least one varsity sport;
- Assist with coordination of athletic awards, recognitions, and banquets;
- Represent the School at events and competitions, and at various league and state associations;
- Perform tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, which may be altered or redesigned as necessary.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced athletic professional who possesses the following qualifications:
- Degree in athletic administration preferred, and Master’s degree a plus;
- A minimum of five years’ experience in athletic administration preferred;
- Experience in an independent school environment preferred;
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) required to be obtained within 6 months of hire;
- Strong organizational, presentation, communications and interpersonal skills;
- Must be self-motivated, conscientious and able to plan, organize, and work efficiently;
- Ability to perform well under tight time constraints, multitask, meet deadlines and adapt to changing requirements as needed;
- Keen problem solving and decision-making abilities;
- Capacity to work both independently and collaboratively based on the task;
- Personal qualities including resilience, approachability, and kindness;
- Interpersonal relationship skills and abilities to work courteously and efficiently with a diverse group of constituents, including students, parents, faculty, staff, administrators, alumni and members of the community;
- Philosophical commitment to intangible benefits of athletics, including character-building, life skills, friendship, and fun;
- Must pass State of New Jersey Criminal Background check.
The Hun School of Princeton, an independent coeducational boarding and day school, with a diverse student body of 650 in grades 6-PG, is distinguished by its highly engaging college preparatory curriculum, broad extracurricular programs, supportive faculty, and a happy and kind community spirit.
This position is full-time, 10 months per year, exempt from overtime, and eligible for all benefits afforded to full-time Hun School employees. Working hours for this position require flexibility based on the needs of the School and include long hours during the academic year, and the need to work varying hours during special events, including evenings, weekends, and holidays. The working environment is a school and office environment on a hilly 45-acre campus in Princeton, New Jersey. The abilities to occasionally lift files and storage boxes, walk up and down stairs, attend meetings in varying locations throughout campus, and continually use computers and related office equipment are required. Not all buildings on campus have elevators.
You may use the APPLY button.