Folsom School District is seeking a long-term substitute math teacher for the month of September during the 2019-2020 school year.
The mission at Folsom School is to create a learning environment that honors family values and serves the unique academic, physical, social, and emotional needs of all students in a safe and caring environment. We strive to foster our students’ creativity and self-determination to develop a lifelong love of learning. We encourage students to approach learning as problem-solvers, designers, and creators by providing access to the technologies, tools, and resources needed to achieve their goals. Folsom staff members are committed to working with parents and community partners to enable students to understand the world around them and the talents within them so they can become fulfilled individuals and active, compassionate citizens.
We are looking for a candidate that is able to:
- Demonstrate mathematical knowledge and understanding across 7th and 8th grades including Pre-Algebra and Algebra
- Foster a learning environment that supports student’s social and emotional needs and their development as independent math learners
- Differentiate teaching and learning based on students’ cognitive needs and learning styles
- Independently and actively prepare curriculum that balances content mastery, conceptual understanding, and the development of mathematical literacy
- Create tasks that emphasize critical thinking, collaboration, and problem-solving
- Provide opportunities for student self-assessment and engagement in the learning process
- Teach students in 7th and 8th grades including Pre-Algebra and Algebra
- Provide regular communication to students and families (i.e. - Back to School Night, etc.)
- Collaborate with staff on a professional learning community
- NJ Teaching Certificate in the area of mathematics (CE, CEAS, or Standard)
Interested candidates should send letter of interest, resume, copy of certificates and letters of recommendation to:
Dr. Matthew Mazzoni, Superintendent
1357 Mays Landing Road
Folsom, NJ 08037
You may use the APPLY button.