This position is a part-time position working approximately 8AM-12PM five days a week. 2 days a week, you will report to our Y.A.L.E. School West location in Cherry Hill NJ (outside of Philadelphia) and the other 3 days a week, you will report to our Y.A.L.E. School East location in Northfield NJ (outside of Atlantic City).
The Spanish Teacher shall:
- Hold a New Jersey Teacher of Spanish Certificate (Standard, CE or CEAS Certification).
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of Spanish curriculum, development and program evaluation and show evidence of how the content can be organized into lessons for elementary students.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills and the ability to motivate and instruct students.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to learning.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
- Showcase expertise and experience in using 21st Century based/Web 2.0 technology tools and protocols.
The Spanish teacher at Y.A.L.E. School assumes the professional responsibility for providing learning experiences in english and supervision of assigned students in a safe, supportive and positive classroom climate that develops in each student the skills, attitudes, and knowledge to meet and exceed the New Jersey Department of Education’s New Jersey Student Learning Standards, following the approved curricula and directives of the school. Achieving academic excellence requires that the Spanish teacher work collaboratively with other members of the school staff and with parents.
In addition, the Spanish teacher will strive to meet the highly effective criteria for the preparation of lesson plans, the use of data to drive instruction, the delivering of quality instruction, addressing the needs of diverse learners through differentiation, classroom environment, leadership, and professionalism
Y.A.L.E. School provides a positive approach to learning for students with disabilities 3 to 21 years of age, who need a specialized setting in order to benefit from education.
Established in 1976, Y.A.L.E. School has an impressive track record of success. We are a New Jersey state-approved private school for students with disabilities.
On our campuses, Y.A.L.E. School serves students with social, emotional, learning, and behavioral disabilities from Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Gloucester, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, and Salem counties.