Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Performs confidential secretarial and clerical responsibilities necessary for an efficient and effective office that assists central office administrators and/or supervisors in the performance of their responsibilities.
Please see attachment for full description
Required Qualifications and Skill-Set:
- High School Diploma, BA degree preferred
- 3 -5 years secretarial experience, preferably in public education and/or business office environment
- Performs secretarial and clerical responsibilities necessary for an efficient and effective department. Ability to handle secretarial work of some complexity and variety in an independent and responsible manner. Ability to work accurately and efficiently with attention to detail while following established procedures.
- Demonstrate excellent secretarial skills, including at least 50 words per minute at the keyboard with a minimum of errors, general bookkeeping skills, organizational and filing skills, and the ability to use electronic equipment for word processing, data management, information retrieval, visual presentations, and telecommunications
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and other computer programs
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary
- Demonstrate appropriate telephone etiquette, with proper voice inflection
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative
- Ability to work in an office with a facial mask (for an extended amount of time) or other reasonable protective gear/devices during a pandemic such as Covid-19
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents and the community, including difficult and emotional situations
- Provide proof of U. S. citizenship or legal resident alien status by completing Federal Form I-9 in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
- Provide evidence that a criminal record history check has been conducted and clearance has been given by the Department of Education. During the initial six-month period provide a sworn statement that the individual has not been convicted of a crime or a disorderly persons offense in accordance with 18A:6-7.1.
- Provide evidence that health is adequate to fulfill the job functions and responsibilities with reasonable accommodation pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 12101 and in accordance with N.J.A.C. 6:3- 4A.4
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
Salary and Benefits
- Commensurate with experience and education plus medical benefits and retirement pension
- Paid time off
For consideration, please apply online at www.orange.k12.nj.us