1. Black seal license.
2. School physical required to meet job description.
3. Strong knowledge of plant operation; strong knowledge and experience with repairs and maintenance of facilities.
4. Experience with cleaning methods and procedures; heating and ventilation; proper handling of hazardous materials; and Right To Know.
5. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
6. Technology experience preferred.
7. Required criminal history background check and proof of United States citizenship or legal resident alien status.
REPORTS TO: Principal/Director of Facilities and Grounds
JOB GOAL: To provide a safe, clean and comfortable school environment
1. Completes maintenance/custodial checklist [date/time] and submits to supervisor.
2. Responds to schooldude on a daily basis.
3. Opens/closes the building each day. Determines, before leaving, that all doors and windows are secured, and all lights, except those left on for safety reasons, are turned off.
4. Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas neat and clean at all times.
5. Operates heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to ensure economical use of fuel, water, and electricity.
6. Checks daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
7. Displays the United States flag during school hours on days when school is in session.
8. Cleans and dusts classrooms, offices, library and faculty room daily; empties waste baskets in these areas.
9. Cleans corridors after each school day, and during the day when their condition requires it.
10. Cleans and sanitizes bathroom fixtures and floors daily and replenishes paper and soap supplies as needed.
11. Cleans and sanitizes all drinking fountains daily.
12. Cleans cafeteria-dining areas after use.
13. Shovels, plows, salts, and/or sweeps sidewalks, steps, driveway, and parking areas as necessary.
14. Obeys all fire/safety and environmental laws and regulations relating to the plant operation.
15. Keeps the grounds free from rubbish and debris.
16. Moves furniture or equipment within the building as required for various activities and as directed by the supervisor of buildings and grounds or principal.
17. Complies with all laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, waste, and debris.
18. Conducts an ongoing program of general maintenance, upkeep and repair, making minor repairs and reporting major repair needs promptly to the supervisor of buildings and grounds and the principal.
19. Cleans all windows on both the inside and outside as scheduled.
20. Keeps all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in a good state of preservation.
21. Performs grounds keeping chores; including grass cutting, tree trimming, leaf raking and removal of litter, to maintain the grounds in a safe and attractive condition.
22. Perform related duties as assigned.
23. Willingness to be flexible to serve as backup support for all shifts.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
? Twelve (12) month work year.
? Salary as per Absecon Education Association (AEA) contract.
? A stipend, determined by the Board of Education as per AEA contract, for Black Seal license.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with state law and the provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of certified personnel.