TITLE: Maintenance Mechanic
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. High School Diploma
- Valid Driver's license
- Two years experience in building trades
- Alternate qualifications as deemed appropriate by the Board of Education
- Required Criminal History background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal alien status
REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor
- Will have two years experience and be knowledgeable in commercial plumbing, heating, electrical and general building maintenance.
- Regular working hours are 7:00am to 3:30pm with one-half (1/2) hour for lunch. Be on call seven (7) days a week for emergencies. Hours are subject to change based on the needs of the school buildings.
- Assist the operations supervisor in organizing and planning the regular, preventive and summer maintenance program.
- Assist in estimating cost of new or repair projects in terms of labor and material.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of all maintenance equipment and supplies in all buildings.
- See that all equipment is properly cleaned and in good working order.
- Will have an understanding of heat pumps and energy conservation measures that promote efficient use thereof.
- Will assist in the maintaining and repairing of all mechanical equipment.
- Will assist in overseeing contract work done by outside contractors within the district as directed by the operations supervisor.
- Will maintain on a regular schedule, all motors and other mechanical equipment requiring scheduled servicing.
- Will assist with custodial services within the district as directed by the operations supervisor, if needed.
- Reports immediately to the school principal and operations supervisor any damage to school property.
- Maintains and cares for school grounds, as assigned.
- Prunes trees and trims hedges to promote growth and improve appearance, as assigned.
- Mows lawn with hand or power mover, as assigned.
- Works inside during winter on assigned custodial jobs.
- Repair outdoor chairs, benches and playground equipment
- Painting as the need arises.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the operations supervisor or the Superintendent of Schools.
Terms of Employment:
Twelve-month year. Salary to be determined by Board of Education
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation of non-certified personnel.