Job Seeker Info
Employer Registration is open for our April 19th and May 17th New Jersey Virtual Job Fairs –
Sign Up Now!!
Middle School Assistant Principal
Wayne Public Schools
Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Valid New Jersey Principal Certificate or eligibility
Demonstrated leadership in the areas of curriculum, instruction and staff development
Expertise in a designated content area
Strong interpersonal, communication, technology and organizational skills.
Principal(s) of assigned schools
Director of Secondary Education when acting on curriculum and instruction matters delegated by the Director
All certified and noncertified school and staff as assigned by, or in the absence
of the Principal
To assist the Principal in providing school wide leadership
To assist the Principal and Director in providing curriculum and instruction
Assists the Principal in duties related to instruction, supervision, evaluation and the overall administration of the school. 2. Works directly with the Principal, teachers, parents and students on matters of school conduct and discipline through the implementation of the Board of Education approved disciplinary policies, regulations and procedures.
Observes and supervises staff as directed by the Principal and/or Director. Holds pre-observation conferences as necessary and conducts post observation conferences to discuss the written report.
4. Assists principal with formulating summative evaluations and in making recommendations for renewal and non-renewal of contracts and withholding of salary increments.
Guides staff members with the development of lesson plans, the implementation of curriculum and the selection/ordering of instructional resources to meet the needs of students and the improvement of instruction.
6. Exercises leadership with the development and ongoing review of district- wide curriculum.
7. Plans and implements in-service training program/workshops for teachers.
8. Assists the Principal with holding faculty and grade level/departmental meetings.
9. Assists in staff interviews as directed by the Principal.
10. Assists the Principal with the orientation of new teachers curricular responsibilities and school policies.
11. In collaboration with designated staff, develops the Master Schedule.
12. Works with administration to plan and implement parent education programs.
13. Assists the Principal with special assemblies and programs.
14. As directed by the Principal, participates in budget preparation.
15. As directed by the Principal, supervises outside areas and school buses especially during arrival, departure and lunch times.
16. Acts in place of the Principal during the Principal's absence or as directed by the Principal or Director.
17. Performs other such duties as assigned by the Principal or Director.
Salary and work year to be determined by the Board of Education
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance
with New Jersey State law and the provisions of the Board's policy on the evaluation of certified staff which includes specified performance standards in the evaluation model approved by the Board of Education.
Approved: 5/16/13 # H-13-14
Share this job