Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
TEACHER FULL TIME OR PART TIME - SPECIAL EDUCATION PREFERRED
- Appropriate, valid New Jersey School Teacher Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility.
- Appropriate, valid New Jersey Supplemental Instruction Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility.
- Pass a Criminal History Review under the provisions of P.L. 1986, C116 and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- Pass a physical examination in accordance with applicable governmental regulations and board policy.
- Such additions and alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriates and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Director of Instruction and/or Supervisor
JOB GOAL: To provide a program of instruction conducive to learning and pupil growth in accordance with the curriculum approved by the
Board of Directors.
- Develops and implements a variety of developmentally appropriate learning experiences aligned with the approved curriculum. Adapts lessons to meet the learning needs of all students makes the subject matter accessible and meaningful, and promotes critical thinking and problem solvi
- Implements students' Individual Service Plans, Individual Education Plans and Individualized Program Plans as necessary and provides input as requested.
- Provides written evidence of preparation and planning.
- Uses assessment instruments approved by the Commission and the New Jersey Department of Education and interprets results to evaluate and promote student learning.
- Builds relationships and confers with students' case managers, classroom teachers, parents/guardians and other professionals where appropriate to support students' learning and well-being in identifying needs, developing program and reporting student progress.
- Meets and instructs assigned students in the location and at the times according to a schedule approved by the immediate supervisor.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior and creates a supportive, safe and respectful classroom environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement in learning and self-motivation.
- Assesses student progress on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required.
- Maintains an orderly and safe physical classroom conducive to effective teaching and learning.
- Attends all Commission meetings as required and, where applicable, consistent with the negotiated agreement.
- Operates a mobile unit as necessary in order to provide instructional services at designated nonpublic school sites.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Conforms to and enforces the Commission's policies, rules and regulations including those of the host district or school where appropriate.
- Maintains professional competence and pursues continuous improvement through active participation in approved professional growth activities.
- Promotes, cooperates with and contributes to the effective and efficient operation of the Commission's programs and services.
- Maintains ethical and professional behavior in working with Commission staff and other agencies.
- Performs such other duties as may be prescribed by statute, administrative code and Board policy or as assigned by the Superintendent.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Ten or twelve month work year as determined by the Board of Directors.
Work schedule, assignment and compensation to be established by the Board of Directors where applicable. Otherwise, terms will be in accordance with the current negotiated agreement between the Board of Directors and the Camden County Educational Services Education Association for those who are subject to said agreement.