*TEACHER OF SPANISH CERTIFICATION REQUIRED; ESL OR BILINGUAL CERTIFICATION DESIRABLE*
QUALIFICATIONS: The teacher shall hold an appropriate teaching certificate issued by the State Board of Education. The Teacher must have on file his/her criminal background check.
REPORTS TO: The Principal or an appropriately certificated designee.
JOB GOAL: The teacher is responsible for the instruction and supervision of students in accordance with standards established by the Board of Education.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten (10) Months
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Teacher
- Shall employ a variety of teaching styles and techniques to provide an atmosphere designated to stimulate student learning.
- Shall assist the principal in the selection of teaching materials.
- Shall present a course of study which is consistent with the approved curriculum and the goals and objectives of the Board of Education.
- Shall develop educational programs to meet the needs of each student.
- Shall work, in consultation with the principal, other staff members, parents, district residents and pupils to develop:
- written educational plans for the school.
- written educational objectives and standards for the educational plan based upon district and school goals.
- written educational goals for the school.
- Shall demonstrate effective participation in the coordination of the instructional program between various grade levels and between elementary and secondary levels and sending districts.
- Shall work in consultation with the principal and other staff members in the development of procedures for reporting pupil progress to parents or guardians including:
- parent/teacher conferences
- report cards
- pupil progress charts
- parents’ visits to the school
- Shall demonstrate a willingness to confer with parents and/or other staff members concerning student progress.
- Shall work in consultation with the principal and other staff members concerning student progress.
- Shall demonstrate a willingness to develop a reasonable relationship with other members of the staff as well as administrators.
- Shall demonstrate a willingness to develop a positive interpersonal relationship with students.
- Shall make a reasonable effort to keep abreast of current educational developments particularly in the areas of subject matter content and methodology of teaching.
- Shall demonstrate a willingness to engage in the development of staff improvement programs and to participate in those programs which bear on the areas of assigned responsibilities.
- Shall develop reasonable rules for classroom behavior for students and shall make every effort to maintain order in the classroom.
- Shall demonstrate an ability to organize and structure the learning environment.
- Shall cooperate in the implementation and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and board policies.
- Shall perform reasonable duties which may be necessary to ensure the proper functioning of the educational program of the district and which are incident to the position of teacher.