Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Assumes responsibility for supervising the students and staff, assisting the High School Principal with implementing and managing the policies, regulations, and procedures of the Board of Education to ensure that all students meet and exceed the State Core Curriculum Content Standards, following the approved curricula and directives of the school. Achieving academic excellence requires that the Assistant Principal works collaboratively to lead and nurture members of the school staff and to communicate effectively with parents and members of the community. Inherent in the position are the responsibilities for discipline of students, supervision of staff, curriculum development, program evaluation, supervision of extracurricular activities, financial management for the class assigned over the four years.
1. Hold a New Jersey Administrative Certificate in accordance with the requirements ofN.J.S.A. 18A:27.1 et seq., and N.J.A.C. Title 6 Chapter 11, with a standard or certificate of eligibility principal endorsement (N.J.A.C. 6:11-9.3 and 9.5).
2. Hold a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
3. Have a minimum of four (4) years excellent experience in teaching and working withadults or adolescents.
4. Demonstrate excellent leadership and organizational skills and the ability to motivatepeople.
5. Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
6. Hold and maintain a valid driver’s license with no serious violations (if applicable to assignment).
7. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of curriculum development and program evaluation, child growth and development, effective instructional strategies, classroommanagement, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research relating to learning.
8. Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
9. Provide proof of U. S. citizenship or legal resident alien status by completing Federal Form I-9 in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
10. Provide evidence that a criminal record history check has been conducted and clearance has been given by the Department of Education, or, during the initial six month period provide a sworn statement that the individual has not been convicted of a crime or a disorderly persons offense in accordance with 18A:6-7.1.
11. Provide evidence that health is adequate to fulfill the job functions and responsibilities with reasonable accommodation pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 12101 and in accordance with N.J.A.C. 6:3-4A.4.
12. Pass the State required Mantoux Intradermal Tuberculin Test as required by N.J.A.C. 6:3-4A.4.
13. Such other qualifications as the Board may find appropriate.
Please see the attached document for full description.
- As per negotiated salary guide
- Commensurate with education and experience
Orange Administrators and Supervisors Association
For consideration, please apply online at www.orange.k12.nj.us