- Certification of good health signed by a licensed physician.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful fulfillment of assigned performance responsibilities.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Principal and Director of Buildings and Grounds
To provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean and efficient place in which to learn, play and develop.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Assists in the scheduling and training of members of the school custodial staff.
- Maintains an inventory and recommends purchase of suitable supplies, tools and equipment.
- Does minor repairs as requested by the school Principal or Director of Buildings and Grounds.
- Keeps buildings and premises, including sidewalks, driveways and play areas neat and clean at all times.
- Regulates heat, ventilation and air conditioning systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to insure economical usage of fuel, water and electricity.
- Shovels, plows and/or salts walks, driveways, parking areas and steps as appropriate.
- Checks daily to ensure that all exit doors are secure and all panic hardware are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
- Raises the United States flag at or before 8:00 A.M. on each school day and lowers it at or after 3:30 P.M.
- Keeps grounds free from debris.
- Reports major repairs needed promptly to the Director of Buildings and Grounds.
- Maintains equipment records as required.
- Reports directly to the Director of Buildings and Grounds any damage to school property.
- Remains on school premises during school hours, and during non-school hours when the use of the building has been authorized and attendance is required by the Director of Buildings and Grounds.
- Assumes responsibility for the opening of the building each school day.
- Conducts an on-going program of general maintenance, upkeep and repair.
- Moves furniture and equipment within the buildings as required for various activities and as directed by the Principal.
- Performs such other duties as directed by the Principal and/or Director of Buildings and Grounds.
- Responsible for answering alarm calls during non-school hours, to physically go to their assigned buildings, to assist police/fire in determining cause of alarm and re-secure the building.
- Participate in the District Safety Committee.
- Clean the cafeteria daily during lunches.
- Directly responsible for the management and supervision of the evening custodial staff.
- Ability to keep and maintain various records as assigned by the Director of Buildings and Grounds.
- Ability to cover and coordinate coverage in the event of a staffing shortage.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Twelve-month year (260 days). Salary to be according to the current schedule.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with state and board regulations/policies by the Director of Buildings and Grounds.