Notre Dame High School seeks a dynamic and forward-thinking candidate for the position of Director of Technology and Innovation. This is a senior level position reporting to the President and Principal.
- As the leader in the development of innovative technologies that support teaching, learning, student life and administrative operations, the Director will possess in-depth technical expertise and will provide strategic leadership, planning, and management to all areas of information technology.
- The Director will manage a staff of full-and part-time employees and will develop and oversee campus-wide technology policies, procedures, services and facilities. The Director will work collaboratively with academic leadership to develop effective strategies for integrating technology into the curriculum.
- The Director works with the school's academic and administrative leadership to provide strategic planning and strong collaborative leadership to set the direction and implement information technologies to support the school’s mission.
- The Director works with the academic leadership to develop ways and strategies to effectively integrate technology into the curriculum and manages all information technology resources including personnel, budgets, academic and administrative systems
- The Director manages school help desk personnel and provides and maintains a high quality technology support environment for all faculty, staff, and students
- The Director establishes and enforces information technology standards, procedures, and policies.
- The Director establishes user and data security policies and procedures aligned with security best practices.
- The Director creates and administers the technology operating and capital budgets in consultation with the President and Principal.
- The Director builds and maintains relationships with outside vendors.
- The Director has excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and an ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects.
- The Director develops an Innovation program that is forward thinking and aligned with the new Strategic Plan initiatives in technology.
- The Director has a solid working knowledge of computer hardware, software, networking and related technologies including: Hyper-V server and desktop virtualization, Microsoft Server OS, Microsoft Windows OS and Active Directory, MAC OS, IPAD OS, IOS, and networking (SANs, VLANs, Wireless, Firewalls), solid working knowledge of all relevant security protocols and best practices, solid working knowledge of FERPA and HIPAA regulations, experience with educational administrative systems such as, PowerSchool, Google for Education Apps, Microsoft Office 365 Apps, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Assists in establishing system-wide software and hardware standards, requirements and specifications
- Assists in reviewing and approving all system technology purchases to assure compatibility
- Advocate technology usage and awareness and is a member of the school technology committee
- Prepares proposals and solicits bids for system technology needs
- Promotes ND on local, state and national levels through conferences, workshops, seminars and technology associations
- Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan layout for type of computers and peripheral equipment, or modifications to existing equipment and systems that will provide capability for new or upgraded networks, while maintaining efficient operation and effective use of space.
- Formulates technology training policies, programs, and schedules, based on knowledge of identified training needs
- Evaluates hardware and software for classroom or administrative needs
- Remains current on new developments in the areas of software, hardware, networks, telecommunications, training and maintenance.
- Provides professional development to faculty on new and innovative educational tools and implementation strategies which will enhance classroom instruction.
- Provides professional development opportunities for technical and training support staff to keep abreast of the rapid changes in technology and software.
- Drafts applications and proposals to submit to fund granting authorities such as educational foundations
- Provide Tier 3 end-user support.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field AND minimum of four (4) years demonstrated experience in ITSM and/or information technology
- Advanced Degrees a plus
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education.
- 2-5 years of IT and education/industry work experience.
- Certification in ITIL Foundation v3 or v4 is a plus.
Notre Dame’s Mission: Notre Dame High School, a ministry of the Diocese of Trenton, is a dynamic, diverse Catholic community dedicated to educating young women and men to realize their full potential through a faith-filled environment, a challenging college-preparatory program, extensive co-curricular activities and a commitment to citizenship and service in the community.
Notre Dame’s Vision: Notre Dame High School will be widely regarded as a Catholic educational community that develops leaders, scholars, athletes and artists who possess the knowledge, vision, skills, moral character and energetic spirit needed to serve our global society.
Benefits: Robust medical and dental insurance, vision insurance, flex spending account, 403b matching retirement plan, supplemental insurances including voluntary life, hospital insurance, wellness benefit, critical illness, additional life insurance and short-term disability coverage, financial support for graduate study, employee assistance program, Mercer County NJ teachers federal credit union, tuition reduction for faculty/staff children who attend ND High School, among others.
See our website for more information: https://www.ndnj.org/
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should send resume & cover letter to Judy Duff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A background and fingerprint report will be conducted and submitted to State authorities as required by law for all personnel working within a school environment.
Must be willing to undergo Catholic Diocese VIRTUS certification.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Notre Dame High School affirms and supports equality of opportunity and treatment for all applicants for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, disability, national origin, religion or other classifications protected by law (i.e. atypical heredity cellular or blood trait status, marital status, etc.). However, the diocese reserves the right to favor qualified employees who are Catholic and to require that all employees comply with Catholic moral teachings.