Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Description: English Language Arts Teacher - Leave Replacement 1 year
- A strong commitment to a high level of student learning;
- Knowledge of the New Jersey Student Learning Standards / NJSLS for English Language Arts;
- Experience working with a diverse student population;
- Ability to use student data to plan for and provide intervention to students on a one-to-one basis or in small group instruction;
- Strong ability to collaborate with school administration, teachers, and support staff in order to provide instructional/ SEL support as needed;
- Plan and implement lessons aligned with grade level standards;
- Utilize innovative approaches and instructional strategies to engage students;
- Guide learning and maximize student potential;
- Establish clear objectives that reflect the standards;
- Apply the school's mission and philosophy;
- Coordinate, assist and execute school-wide events;
- Exhibit structured classroom management;
- Willingly seeks to become an integral part of the school's professional learning community;
- Use a variety of instructional methodologies, technology, and curriculum resources;
- Differentiate instruction to accommodate all students;
- Exhibit warmth, kindness and compassion;
- Use varied formative and summative assessments to drive instruction;
- Ability to reflect and open to feedback;
- Read 180 and/ or System 44 experience preferred, but not necessary.
Qualifications: Appropriate New Jersey State Teacher Certification
Working Conditions: Hackensack Middle School
Salary: As per HBOE/HEA Agreement.
Application Process: Apply Online via AppliTrack. All certifications must be included with the AppliTrack application to be eligible for the position.
Selection Procedure: Applications will be reviewed and recommendations made to the Superintendent of Schools.