School Business Administrator / Board Secretary
The Carlstadt-East Rutherford (Becton) Regional Board of Education, a 9-12 regional high school district servicing the communities of Carlstadt, East Rutherford, and Maywood, New Jersey seeks a dynamic School Business Administrator/Board Secretary to provide efficient management of school business affairs and resources to support a growing school districts educational programs, services, and facilities. The successful candidate will be required to possess and demonstrate the ability to meet the following:
- Master’s Degree or higher from a Regionally Accredited College/University or Certified Public Accountant.
- Valid NJ School Business Administrator Certificate required or Certificate of Eligibility
- Qualified Purchasing Agent Certification required.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in business administration or school/district fiscal operations (BA, Assistant BA, school auditor, or similar position)
- Understanding of the principles and practices of financial accounting and reporting procedures consistent with statute, code and GAAP requirements.
- Knowledge of accepted business practices in school districts related to budget preparation and administration, risk management, purchasing, transportation, food service, grant planning and management, school plant operations and referendum and facility planning.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and forecasting skills
- Experience with Systems 3000.
- Ability to supervise staff and complete evaluations as necessary.
Position available November 15, 2022 or sooner, based on the successful candidate's availability. Qualified and dynamic candidates interested in the above positions and committed to enhancing and improving student learning and promoting a positive school culture, should submit their letter of interest, resume, recommendations, and copies of certificate(s) or DOE printout to the attention of the Superintendent/Principal, Dr. Dario Sforza, by emailing email@example.com.
Closing Date: June 15, 2022