Long Term Substitute
QUALIFICATIONS: Master's Degree from accredited college or university; Holds or is eligible for a New Jersey Certificate with appropriate endorsement.
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Special Services
JOB GOAL: To provide mandated psychological services as directed by the Supervisor of Special Services.
- Participate as a member of the Child Study Team.
- Administer psychological examinations to students referred. This examination shall include assessment of student's intellectual, social, adaptive and emotional development through the administration of a comprehensive battery of evaluation instruments.
- Consult with other educational professionals (LDT/C, Social Worker, Guidance Counselors, Teachers, Administrators, Etc.) to facilitate an understanding of the educational and psychological abilities and limitations of children referred for special education services.
- Meet with parents to fully explain the psychological assessment and recommendations, as well as be available for counseling and consultation.
- Participate in district-wide in-service education.
- Participate in programs and workshops in order to keep abreast of the latest developments.
- Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and Board policy.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees as required by contractual obligations.
- Maintain an efficient record-keeping system.
- Monitor progress of classified students as assigned to case management list.
- Provide psychological counseling for students, both prevention and intervention, as needed.
- Performs other duties which maybe be within the scope of his/her employment and certifications as may be assigned by his/her supervisor or other member of the administrative staff under the authority of the Board of Education.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Long-term substitute
EVALUATION: In accordance with the negotiated agreement.
||Step 1 / Substitute