RATE: $27/hour (based upon previous experience)
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/College Degree, preferred.
- Prior law enforcement experience and school security experience preferred
- Valid Security Officer Registration Act (SORA) License, preferred.
- AED / CPR Certified preferred.
- Knowledge of security measures, fire prevention, and crowd control particular related to children.
- Ability to maintain order and to work with groups and individuals on matters of security and crisis management.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- Must pass psychological and medical testing.
- Must possess a valid State of New Jersey Permit to Carry a Handgun.
- Ability to read and write in English.
REPORTS TO: Director of School Safety and Security or designee and/or Building Administrator
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enforces, with the assistance of appropriate staff members, all school rules and regulations which pertain to the safety and welfare of students and staff.
- Monitors buildings and grounds, including entrances, exits, halls, lavatories, locker rooms, gym, auditorium, cafeteria, etc.
- Perform duties as per job description as well as any other duties assigned under the supervision of the Director of School Safety and Security or building Principal.
The Newton School District is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable federal, state and/or local equal opportunity laws. The Newton School District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other status protected by applicable law.