The Black Horse Pike Regional School District has an opening for a PART-TIME Maintenance Custodian for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completion of the listed tasks and responsibilities.
- Valid NJ Driver’s License
REPORTS TO: The building foreman, and building administration
JOB GOAL: To maintain the school in a condition of safety, neatness and aesthetic
- Sweep assigned classrooms, corridors, and support areas on a daily basis when school is in session.
- Dust furniture, sills, chalk trays, shelves, and baseboards on a daily basis when school is in session.
- Remove graffiti and foreign substances from floors, walls, and furniture in assigned areas and reports all incidents to the night foreman on a form developed for this purpose.
- Scrub and disinfect toilets, sinks, water fountains, tile walls and floors, on a daily basis in assigned lavatories, locker rooms, and corridors that were used that day.
- Perform assigned floor stripping, scrubbing, waxing, sealing and buffing as scheduled by the building foreman.
- Wet mop dirty areas and spills when needed.
- Wash windows in assigned areas at least once per month.
- Report observed repair needs and damage daily to the night foreman.
- Maintain security in rooms being cleaned by keeping them locked when not in use and close all windows, lower shades to the designated point, turn off the lights, and lock doors when finished cleaning each room or area.
- Move furniture, supplies, materials and equipment within the building as required for educational and other activities as directed by the foreman.
- Make certain custodial closets contain sufficient supplies to conduct the next day's cleaning and maintain closets in a neat and clean manner.
- Refill paper towel, toilet tissue and other assigned dispensing devices daily, when assigned by the foreman, collect monies from dispensing devices and deposit it in the school safe as directed by the foreman.
- Remove trash, rubbish, and waste materials from assigned areas on a daily basis and comply with the rules and laws governing disposal of such materials including recycle; wash trash receptacles that contain garbage, wet substances or are particularly dirty.
- Return keys and two way radio daily in accordance with security system developed by the Building Foreman.
- Paint metal and wood surfaces, when directed by the foreman.
- Vacuum carpets and mats in assigned areas daily.
- Dust walls, light fixtures, and ceilings at least once per week.
- Remove "found" items to the area designated by the principal.
- Scrub and wax furniture, sills, shelving, baseboards, bathrooms fixtures, flooring, cabinets and other surfaces, as assigned by the foreman.
- Assist with emergencies as directed by the supervisor, including weekends and holidays. When called in on weekends or holidays compensation shall be at time and half or compensating time will be granted the same week.
- Be accessible via two way radio for emergency purposes during the entire shift.
- Lift objects weighing up to 25 lbs overhead and pick up objects weighing up to 50lbs.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities, including maintenance, as assigned by the foreman or school or central administrator.
Per policy 4125, the district will give preference to qualified individuals who are residents of the Black Horse Pike Regional School District.