1. Develops, implements, and ensures adherence to established Bancroft policies and procedures. Ensures strict compliance with Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) regulations, Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations, DDD Supported Employment/Day Program (SE/DP) Manual standards (if applicable), Department of Labor (DOL) regulations (if applicable), Department of Human Services 1047 regulations (if applicable), Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) standards, and applicable state/local/federal regulations at all times.
2. Develops and administers the school’s programs to conform to education, social, and emotional needs of the students and ensures that programs meet the criteria of licensing and accrediting agencies. Consults with clinicians and other professionals to analyze the suitability of the educational program for meeting the students’ changing needs and, in conjunction with educational staff, implement curriculum revisions as necessary.
3. Evaluates ongoing curriculum, makes suggestions for changes, if needed, at all levels of instruction.
4. Plans and implements periodic in-service training programs for faculty members.
5. Selects staff; recommends promotions, transfers, and discharges of staff. Also evaluates performance, recommends salary adjustments and establishment of new positions to ensure adequate staffing.
6. Coordinates with staff in other disciplines (clinical, residential, vocational, and medical) to provide continuity in each student’s program.
7. Participates in admissions procedures, as necessary, by interviewing prospective students, administering educational evaluation tests, etc. and make intake and educational program recommendations to Admissions Evaluating Team.
8. Prepares educational budget parameters and submits, purchase requisitions for supplies, equipment, and services necessary to the educational program.
9. Directs the effective use of schools’ physical resources and is accountable for their care, maintenance, or replacement.
10. Provides oversight to direct and indirect reports within assigned area of responsibility: Directly, or indirectly through others, provides ongoing leadership, advice, training, and guidance to staff regarding the daily instruction and safety of persons served at specific program site as outlined in the Individual Program Plan (IPP), Annex A and/or program descriptions; Conducts regular staff meetings and attends program management meetings to promote a constant flow of information, open discussions, knowledge sharing, and to ensure staff are well-informed;Attends various internal management meetings, external conferences, family conferences, etc., to both obtain and share information;Directly manages the ongoing job performance of direct reports; develops and communicates performance goals, completes performance evaluations within established timeframes; provides feedback, develops and takes action on performance improvement plans, and determines and implements disciplinary action as needed;Approves capital expenditures up to the limit of authority. Develops a priority list of capital improvements.
11. Meets with outside visitors (parents’ agencies, school districts, etc.) to describe the school programs.
12. Represents the unit/division at professional seminars, workshops, and conventions. Serves on Bancroft wide committees.
13. Assures program operates in compliance with a New Jersey Department of Education Administrative Code Regulations.
14. Evaluates and/or oversees the performance evaluations of all professional staff.
15. Performs related duties, special assignments and projects as required.
16. Abides by the Bancroft Code of Ethics, Mission Statement, and Vision Statement in promoting ethical behavior, establishing relationships and providing guidance in decision-making situations.
17. Remains current with required training certifications, meets state-regulated licensing and regulatory accreditations, and adheres to mandatory requirements.
18. Maintains effective verbal and written communications with colleagues, those served, and their family members and/or guardians when applicable.
19. Willingly and effectively cooperates with Bancroft, The Department of Human Services, The Division of Maintains a safe and respectful environment, free of abuse, neglect, or exploitation; does not allow weapons, threats, bullying or intimidation. Developmental Disabilities (DDD), and other licensing or state agency or local municipalities in any inspections and investigations, upon request.
20. Reports any violations to the appropriate individual as soon as the incident occurs.
21. Maintains levels of supervision as defined in behavior plans; e.g., Individual Program Plan (IPP), Individual Rehabilitation Plan (IRP), Individual Education Plan (IEP), Individual Service Plan (ISP), etc., when applicable.
22. Demonstrates Bancroft’s core values of Teamwork, Compassion, and Independence in the performance of position responsibilities.