The Northern Region Educational Services Commission (NRESC), with its central office located in Wayne, is seeking an Accountant / Payroll Specialist (12-month, full-time position).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or a related field. Two years of school district accounting preferred.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant preferred (or in process).
- Have hands-on experience in public school accounting and/or auditing (preferred) and a thorough working knowledge of payroll, accounts payable, general fixed assets accounting, and financial planning related business functions.
- Demonstrate the ability to use electronic equipment for work processing, data management, information retrieval, visual presentations, and telecommunications.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Have payroll experience background in setting(s) utilizing internal computer-generated payroll accounting systems, familiarity with CSI preferred.
School Business Administrator
- Process bi-weekly payroll by collecting and reviewing all timesheets, entering and/or updating pay-period data, ensuring wages are appropriated to the respective accounts, prepare payroll summary report, remit direct deposit transmission, review payroll registers for accuracy, print and distribute payroll checks or direct deposit pay-stubs.
- Prepares and maintains payroll records; make all salary changes, deductions, etc.
- Produces the payroll summary.
- Maintains payroll files for all employees of the Commission.
- Manage NJEA dues, credit union, tax shelters, pension enrollments and other employee deductions.
- Processes and issues W-2 Forms, corrects, reconciles, separates and mails.
- Prepares and maintains all Federal and State filing reports (quarterly and annually).
- Maintains analysis of all receipts and disbursements within the Payroll Agency account for auditor.
- Processes in an accurate and timely manner the monthly payments of health insurance premiums and associated changes in coverage.
- Coordinates with Human Resources Manager in the processing of new employees.
- Assist employees concerning benefit matters.
- Initiates appropriate payroll correspondence as directed by the Commission.
- Researches, implements, and communicates to administration and staff all regulatory changes affecting payroll policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative and prioritize work load.
- Other duties assigned by the Commission and/or the Business Administrator/Board Secretary.
Salary to be established by the Commission upon the recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools.
All applicants should send their cover letter, resume, credentials and at least two (2) recommendation letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer