The Northvale School District is seeking an Interim or Full Time School Business Administrator/Board Secretary for the 2024-2025 school year. The Northvale School District is a PreK-8 district with a $13 million-dollar annual budget funding the education of 530 students. Due to a supportive community that approved a school bond referendum in 2022 the district is in the process of completing a variety of exciting capital improvement projects and is seeking a valuable addition to the administrative team. Responsibilities for the position include planning and managing the district budget, oversight of the building and grounds department and technology department, as well as the district’s insurance programs.
- Valid New Jersey School Business Administrator Certification
- Qualified Purchasing Agent (QPA) certificate preferred
- A thorough understanding of the generally accepted accounting principles established by the GASB, school budget preparation, and internal control systems
- A thorough understanding of federal regulations for administration of federal grant programs, experience with grant writing and/or grant implementation a plus
- Knowledge of accepted business practices in school districts related to budget preparation and administration, risk management, accounts payable and receivable, purchasing, and transportation.
- Experience with school plant operations, construction, facility planning, custodial and maintenance services preferred
- Proficiency with electronic databases, spreadsheets, and other technologies related to efficient business office operations
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management. and organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills needed
- Required criminal history background check, physical and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
Send letter of interest, resume, and copy of Business Administrator Certificate to:
Mr. Michael Pinajian, Superintendent
Northvale School District
441 Tappan Road
Northvale, NJ 07647