1. Must have knowledge of acceptable cleaning practices;
2. Ability to use common hand tools;
3. Some knowledge of floor machines and tile floor helpful;
4. Demonstrated aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities;
5. Ability to work independently;
6. Must work well with others;
7. Flexibility and sense of humor;
8. Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status;
9. Such alternatives to the above as the Board may deem acceptable.
Educational Facilities Manager / Custodial Supervisor / Principal
To provide a safe, clean and comfortable school environment.
- Opens/closes the building each day. Determines, before leaving, that all doors and windows are secured, and all lights, except those left on for safety reasons, are turned off.
- Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas neat and clean at all times.
- Operates heat, ventilation and air conditioning systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to ensure economical use of fuel, water, and electricity.
- Checks daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
- Displays the U.S. flag during school hours on days when school is in session.
- Cleans and dusts classrooms, offices, library and faculty room daily; empties wastebaskets in these areas.
- Cleans corridors after each school day, and during the day when their condition requires it.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathroom fixtures and floors daily, and replenishes paper and soap supplies as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes all drinking fountains daily.
- Cleans cafeteria-dining areas after use.
- Shovels plows, salts, and/or sweeps sidewalks, steps, driveways and parking areas as necessary.
- Obeys all fire/safety and environmental laws and regulations relating to the plant.
- Keep the grounds free from rubbish and debris.
- Cleans chalkboards daily.
- Moves furniture or equipment within the building as required for various activities and as directed by the head custodian or principal.
- Complies with all laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, waste, and debris.
- Conducts an ongoing program of general maintenance, upkeep and repair, making minor repairs and reporting major repair needs promptly to the head custodian.
- Cleans all windows on both the inside and outside as scheduled.
- Keeps all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in good state of preservation.
- Performs groundskeeping chores including grass-cutting, tree-trimming, leaf raking and removal of litter, to maintain the grounds in a safe and attractive condition.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent or the School Business Administrator.
You may use the APPLY button.