KEARNY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
SUPERINTENDENT’S BULLETIN #27
Network Support Engineer-Network Specialist
Application Deadline: October 24, 2023
1.Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of related work experience.
2. Industry standard certificate preferred
Director of Technology or designee
The Network Support Engineer will perform duties that arise in supporting services of the local and district network and infrastructure in LAN environments and the WAN environment.
1. Perform new equipment and software installation and configurations for all network equipment
2. Diagnose and resolve Operating System and other software related problems throughout the district
3. Install, configure and monitor all LAN servers
4. Install, configure and monitor all Web servers – intranet and public
5. Diagnose and resolve LAN (within the individual schools) and WAN (district-wide) networking and Internet-related problems
6. Provide assistance and training to the Computer Technicians
7. Assist Computer Techs in developing strategies for new and legacy technology implementation that complies with district standardization goals
8. Provide assistance to and act as a liaison for third-party vendor technology consultants while on- site or working on issues in the district
9. Establish network management procedures and train the network support staff and other technology staff in managing the networks
10. Responsible for ensuring the proper operation and implementation of all software, hardware and applications
11. Proficient in Apple X-Serve environment and Microsoft Windows Server environment
12. Supports the technology goals and initiatives of the district
13. Develop, monitor and implement security safeguards and backups for network and computer systems
14. Provides training and supervision of the other Technical Support Staff personnel
15. Performs any other related duties that arise in supporting the local and district network and infrastructure in LAN environments and the WAN environment
16. Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent/IT Director.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
12-month position; salary to be determined by the Board in accordance with bargaining unit Agreement.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with NJ State law and the provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluations.
PLEASE APPLY ON THE KEARNY SCHOOLS WEBSITE:
Aliki Bieltz- Assistant Superintendent
Paper or email applications will not be accepted