Elementary Teacher (K-6)
Job Type: Full-time (2020-2021)
Position Summary: Provides instruction for students that enables them to learn and demonstrate mastery of the NJ Student Learning Standards.
- Provides content-related and appropriate instruction based on NJ Student Learning Standards;
- Provides classroom environment which promotes active learning in subject area;
- Exhibits knowledge of performance-based instruction and assessment;
- Communicates responsibly with students, parents, colleagues, and school leadership;
- Accounts for student attendance and punctuality;
- Follows all county, state, and federal policies and procedures;
- Follows professional ethics in all work-related activities;
- Prepares adequately for responsibilities to be assumed when absent;
- Works with parents/guardians in all aspects of the student’s educational programs;
- Facilitates home-school communication by such means as holding conferences, telephoning, and sending written communication;
- Integrates appropriate technology into classroom instruction;
- Avoids behaviors which detract from staff morale;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university is required.
Certification/Licensure: NJ Standard Certification or CEAS/CE as an Elementary School teacher is required.
Experience: Experience as an elementary school teacher is a plus.
- Proven communication and instructional strategies;
- Classroom management skills;
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing;
- Excellent organizational skills.