TRENTON BOARD OF EDUCATION
1. Must possess a standard New Jersey certification 2. Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required. 3. Excellent communication skills
REPORTS TO: PRINCIPAL
JOB GOAL To challenge students to utilize their full intellectual and creative potential through the use of instructional technology.
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes at the times designated.
2. Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the district.
3. Prepares for classes assigned, and show written evidence of
preparation upon request of immediate supervisor
4.Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior. Encourages students to utilize technology to expand their creativity and develop their intellectual capacity. Technology to be employed shall include, but not necessarily be limited to, computers, CD ROM, and laserdisc.
5. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the needs of the individuals or student groups involved.
6. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
7. Takes all of the necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
students, hardware, software, materials and facilities.
8. Evaluates student progress on a regular basis.
9. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
10. Challenges students to expand on Technology know-how.
11. Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and Board policy.
12. Serves as a resource person to fellow staff members in matters
relating to instructional technology.
13. Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives and methods.
14. Assists in the selection of software, equipment and other instructional materials.
15. Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents.
16. Provides for his/her own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or
advanced study at institutions of higher learning.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten (10) months.
BARGAINING UNIT: TEA
SALARY: As per TEA agreement/Contract
Salaries X Exempt X
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of professional personnel.