Part Time Bus Aide – Monmouth County
2019-2020 School Year
- Must be capable of assisting special needs students getting onto the bus, getting secured into their seats, assisting with seatbelts, and exiting the bus.
- Must be aware of school schedules and procedures as well as the individual requirements of special needs students.
- Monitor students’ during transportation to and from school to ensure their safety
- Must be flexible to accommodate the schedules of special needs students as they function in and out of the school program.
- Maintain discipline on the bus and reports violations to the building principal or other authorized individual.
- Report all accidents and student injuries immediately to the Transportation Office and/or school authority.
- Ability to physically remove students from emergency situations and be able to operate and secure wheelchairs, seat belts, harnesses and emergency equipment.
- High School Diploma;
- Demonstrates competence, good work habits, and an excellent ability to develop relationships with administrators, students, parents and drivers.
- Ability to maintain student behavior to ensure their safety, well-being, security, and protect against vandalism.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications and email.
- Completion of the MOESC hiring procedures is required.
The Bus Aide must demonstrate physical strength, agility, and energy to perform essential job functions and to ensure health, welfare, and safety of all students and of self. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by the employee to perform the essential functions of the job: sitting, standing, reaching, walking, lifting, bending, crouching, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, finger dexterity, carrying, repetitive motions, speaking, listening, visual acuity and the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Interested candidates must apply through NJ School Jobs.
Please attach your cover letter, resume and reference letters with your application.
You may use the APPLY button.
MOESC - We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer -