In our District, we put students first. Our vision: all Camden students will attend a high quality school where they are valued, challenged, and prepared for college and careers that positively impact their community and the world. High quality schools have a great teacher in every classroom, are housed in safe, clean buildings equipped to meet the needs of 21st century learners, with the support of an efficient and effective Central Office. All this is possible only with the right team members in place, working together with partners and the community to provide all students the academic, social, and emotional supports needed to succeed in school and beyond. Read more here.
The School Nurse in Camden City School District will hold a critical school-based position and will work closely with students, families, staff members, and School Doctor to ensure that the health needs of all students are met. The School Nurse will provide healthcare and support to students in accordance with the regulations of the Local and State Boards of Education. The School Nurse will be responsible for collecting and maintaining all student health and immunization records, and for communicating all health-related issues to parents and guardians. Through this role, the School Nurse will work to build healthy, beneficial relationships with students, staff, and community members in order to ensure that students’ basic health needs are met so they can succeed academically.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Valid New Jersey Registered Nurse license
- New Jersey School Nurse Standard Certificate
- Current Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and Automated external defibrillators (AED) certificates
- Preferred experience working with low-income students
- A valid driver’s license as well as current insurance and vehicle with valid registration
- Required criminal history background check, TB test and physical, and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major roles and responsibilities include:
- Manage and complete all physical examinations and screenings required by the Board of Education
- Communicate all health-related issues with parents and school administration, and continuously monitor parental actions taken to address concerns
- Collect and maintain immunization records, including but not limited to diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, polio and smallpox
- Track and monitor medical records for each child, following up on any missing information
- Provide first-aid support in emergency situations and to Renaissance School students, employees, and visitors in emergency situations
- Conduct periodic inspections alongside a medical inspector to ensure that the sanitary conditions of the school are up to par
- Serve as point-person to all stakeholders in regards to questions about the school health program
- Will be required to support projects and initiatives in other divisions and departments throughout CCSD on an as-needed basis
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Supervisor’s designee
An ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following and/or have experiences with:
- Demonstrated experience managing records and complex data systems
- An ability to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- A desire to grow professionally and seek out new opportunities to learn
- A commitment to the success of all Camden students; specifically in providing excellent healthcare to students and building relationships with parents and the community
- Preferred knowledge of the Camden community
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- A willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for urban education
- An ability to demonstrate the qualities of flexibility, zest, grit, hope and gratitude through past experiences
We are seeking individuals who will exemplify the District’s core values:
Respect and Humility
We serve our community by recognizing the strengths, experiences, and perspectives of others. We humbly recognize our own limitations and incorporate lessons we gain from our reflective practice.
We use evidence to inform decisions and to ensure that we are accountable to our students and families.
Communication & Collaboration
We communicate openly and work collaboratively, recognizing that getting to the best possible decisions requires input from others. Honest communications build trust and establish a community that assumes best intentions.
With respect for the complexity of this work and the history that precedes us, we focus on persistence, resourcefulness, and inclusiveness to drive toward solutions.
- Principal and/or Supervisor of Health Services
- Principal and/or Supervisor of Health Services
SALARY, EMPLOYMENT PERIOD, AND UNION AFFILIATION
- Camden Education Association Salary Guide
- Ten-month, tenureable position
- Camden Education Association
HOW TO APPLY
Camden City School District is only accepting electronic applications. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
THE CAMDEN CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
(Pending availability of funds and Superintendent’s approval)