Works as a case manager of a Child Study Team serving students enrolled in nonpublic schools in Passaic NJ. Provides Evaluation and Determination services in accordance with New Jersey State Code and Guidelines for PL 193 and Catapult Learning policy and procedures. Case Management involves IEP/ISP creation process only. Provides social assessments and reports as needed for students receiving Initial evaluations or ReEvaluations. Meetings and assessments provided during school hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Attends Assessment Plan meetings for all students referred for Initial evaluation.
- As assigned, completes social assessment, creates report, and submits to Child Study Team Manager per Catapult Learning procedures.
- Maintains caseload in compliance with state timelines and other state and company guidance.
- Completes Case Management responsibilities as assigned.
- Attends Eligibility Conference for Initial and Re-evaluations if requested.
- Completes all required paperwork in accordance with mandated timelines.
- Works in compliance with the Catapult Learning Policy and Procedure manual for Evaluation & Determination (E & D) services in New Jersey.
- Remains current with regard to NJ Code and procedures regarding E&D services provided to nonpublic school students.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
MUST hold certification as School Social Worker from NJDOE. Criminal background check as required by the state and the district. Seeking SW with experience functioning as a member of a Child Study Team in New Jersey.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS: Ability to work independently and remain focused on task completion. Excellent ability to interact and communicate with students of all ages, parents, and school personnel. Strong written communication skills. Excellent motivation and ability to complete a multi-step process involving many participants. Excellent organizational skills. Computer access and literacy to be able to use relevant web-based software.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings. Travel to assigned schools in the Passaic and Hoboken areas.