Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
TITLE: SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST
A School Psychologist shall possess a minimum of a Master’s degree, a valid New Jersey Educational Services Certificate with a School Psychologist endorsement.
To serve as a member of the basic Child Study Team under the Department of Student Support Services. Areas of responsibility may include evaluation, assessment, planning, follow-up, consultation and counseling. All responsibilities will be conducted in a manner consistent with the regulations outlined in the NJ Administrative Code Title 6A Chapter 14.
- Completes all functions required of a Child Study Team member.
- Conducts a psychological evaluation to ascertain the student’s cognitive, behavioral, social-emotional and adaptive functioning.
- Analyzes and synthesizes all information collected in the evaluation process to determine the level of cognitive functioning, as well as emotional competency on the functional level.
- Provide consultation to staff and parents regarding techniques and activities for teacher’s use with students who have emotional and/or adjustment problems.
- Works collaboratively with staff in order to determine student eligibility as well as appropriate programs and services.
- Completes Individualized Education Programs (IEP) for students identified as eligible for special education and/or related services.
- Monitors student progress as it relates to classroom performance, grades, behavior and IEP goals.
- Serves as a liaison to classroom teachers, paraprofessionals, and related service providers.
- Maintains confidential records on all referred students.
- Functions as a case manager for all classified students.
- Participates on the school’s Intervention and Referral Services Team.
- Serves as a member of the crisis management team and makes appropriate referrals as necessary.
- In the capacity of a school based counseling consultant, provides support to students, parents, teachers and staff members.
- Provides thorough and timely reports, data and other related information to the Supervisor of Special Services and the Director of Student Support Services.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed and assigned by the Director of Student Support Services.
Approved: 12-20-12 # H-13-18