Job Title: Custodian
Qualifications: A Black Seal License at time of hire or within 6 months.
Scope of Responsibility: The custodian is responsible for providing students with a safe, attractive comfortable, clean and efficient place in which to learn, play and develop both mentally and physically.
Reports to: Facility Director
- Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas neat and clean at all times.
- Shovels, plows, and sands walks, driveways, parking areas, and steps as appropriate.
- Checks daily to insure that all exit doors and panic bars are working properly.
- Sweeps classrooms and offices daily and dusts furniture
- Cleans corridors after school each day and during the day when required.
- Scrubs bathrooms, disinfects toilet areas, and cleans all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
- Washes all windows both inside and outside as assigned by the lead custodian.
- Keeps the grounds free from rubbish.
- Perform yard work such as grass cutting, tree trimming, and weeding as necessary to maintain the school grounds in a safe and attractive condition.
- Keeps all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in good repair.
- Makes such minor building repairs as assigned by supervisor.
- Reports major repairs needed promptly to Facility Director.
- Assumes responsibility for the opening and/or closing of the building each school day.
- Moves furniture, equipment and supplies with building as required. Able to life 50lbs in the performance of these tasks.
- Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, waste and recyclables.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Contract year: July 1 - June 30
Hours: Regular school hours or as required by Superintendent (8 hours)
Salary: Salary and benefits as established by the Board of Education
Vacation: 1 week after 1st year, 2 weeks after 3rd year, 3 wks after 10th year, 4 weeks after 20th year.
Holiday: As per district calendar
Evaluation: In accordance with Board policy