General Job Description:
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, plan and organize instruction in ways that maximize student learning, employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students including strategies to meet diverse student needs. Candidates must demonstrate a knowledge of Computer Science Technology instruction as well as the ability to have students produce functioning robotics.
- Develops appropriate Computer Science Technology Curriculum for students
- Teaches knowledge and understanding of Computer Technology careers.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student growth and progress in the activities, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student’s needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the Computer Science Technology field
- Maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by College Achieve.
- Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conform to the school’s standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Meets with other professional staff members, especially within the S.T.E.M. Program and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Executive Director
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current Computer Science Technology education instructional methods, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field of Computer Science Technology.
- Knowledge of data information systems data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding education and students, as well as relating to Computer Science Technology.
- Ability to use computer network systems and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- NJ Certification as a Teacher of Computer Science Technology
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.