Title: SUPERVISORY AIDE
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Under the direct supervision of the building Principal, to assist in maintaining an orderly and safe atmosphere during arrival and dismissal, lunchtime and recess, and in other designated locations in accordance with Board policy and established district procedures.
- Assists in supervising students in the cafeteria during mealtime; making sure that tables and surrounding areas are clean; helping with orderly food purchases, distribution of food, disposal of food waste, and return of trays and utensils; ensures that students remain seated in assigned areas throughout their time in the cafeteria.
- Circulates among assigned tables during the mealtime to be available as needed.
- Assists in supervising the playground/classroom during the lunch hour.
- Reports to teachers, principal, nurse and/or security personnel as appropriate regarding infractions, safety concerns, injuries, or other issues involving students.
- During student arrival and dismissal, monitor student behavior and assist students going in and out of the bus.
- Assist students with non-instructional classroom needs including safety, recreation, eating, and hygiene.
- May distribute textbooks, supplies or other materials as requested.
- May collect count and deposit food services program monies.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and effective organizational and problem solving skills.
- Bilingual oral skills (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to maintain composure and perform responsibilities under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality about students in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and district guidelines.
- Must pass criminal background check and fingerprints, pre-employment drug screening and TB test
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard school environment and in outdoor weather.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
- Motor Vehicle Operator's (DMV) License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Successful prior experience working as a lunch or food service aide, preferably in a school district or with children.
Additional Duties: Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Child Study Team Supervisor and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Evaluation: Evaluation annually by the Principal or Supervisor according to job description
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note: Qualified candidates/incumbents must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations. As required under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions or duties. It is the responsibility of the incumbent in the position or the candidate once offered the position to inform the East Greenwich Superintendent of any and all reasonable accommodations that may be required. Candidates who need accommodations to complete the application process must inform the Superintendent of their need.
Terms of Employment: In accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
The East Greenwich Township School District is an Equal Opportunity Employment, Educational and Service Organization.