If you spent your summers at camp as a child, or if you always wanted to have the opportunity to work in a camp setting where you can help children have fun and learn to be more confident and comfortable with who they are, we want to speak with you about our summer opportunities!
Deer Mountain Day Camp is a looking for teachers, school psychologists, coaches, or candidates graduating with teaching or social science degrees to join our Division Leader team. We are specifically looking for candidates to work on the boys’ side of camp with the following age group: Boys entering 2nd and 3rd grades
About the Role:
Division Leaders manage the groups and oversee the camp experience for the campers in their division, manage and support the counselors who work in their division, communicate and partner with the parents of our campers throughout the summer.
- 2021 Season: June 28-August 20, 2021 (8 weeks)
- Monday to Friday: 8:00 am to 4:30/5:00 pm
- Available for all pre-season staff trainings (selected days in June 2021)
- Available one Saturday in August 2021 for a family event at camp
- Daily Breakfast and Lunch provided
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Sciences, Physical Education, or Recreation and Leisure Studies.
- Previous camp experience preferred.
- Ability to work and build relationships with a wide range of personality types.
- A self-motivated, ambitious, and goal-oriented person who is excited to learn and grow in a leadership role.
- A passion for camp and Deer Mountain’s philosophy and mission.
Forward resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also fill out our online staff application on our website at www.deermountaindaycamp.com.
About Deer Mountain:
As a Deer Mountain staff member, you become an integral part of our 64-year legacy to help children flourish—both socially and emotionally. We are passionate about celebrating our campers for who they are—and helping them be open, authentic and happy. Together, let’s enrich experiences, ripen potential, and make the world a better place—one child at a time.
Deer Mountain Day is located in Pomona, NY at the base of the Ramapo Mountains. We are a town away from Woodcliff Lake, Mahwah, Montvale and Suffern and 25 minutes from the George Washington Bridge. We serve campers ranging in age from 3 to 15 who come from Rockland, Bergen, Orange and Westchester Counties and New York City.