Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Job Title: LDTC - District
Reports To: Supervisor of Special Services, Building Principal, and Assistant Superintendent
Job Purpose: To assess effectively students' learning characteristics and design appropriate instructional plans in order to enable students to maximize learning potential.
Master's Degree form an accredited college or university
NJ LDTC Certification
Valid NJ driver's license
Minimum of five (5) years of excellent teaching experience
Excellent integrity and demonstrates good moral character and initiative
Excellent organizational skills
Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of child growth and development, learning, assessment and diagnosis
Demonstrates an understanding of current rules and regulations regarding Child Study Teams and special education assessment and program requirements
Excellent interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and community
Able to serve as an itinerate, servicing students in two different schools
Able to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing using proper grammar and vocabulary
Demonstrates the ability to use electronic equipment for word processing, data management, information retrieval, visual and audio presentations and telecommunications
Ability to pass the required Criminal History Review
Ability to submit Sexual Misconduct/Child Abuse Disclosure Form(s)
Experience working with school aged students
- Provides comprehensive educational services as member of the Child Study Team (CST) with the assessment of, educational planning for, monitoring of, and re-evaluation of students in need of special services, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local codes and regulations.
- Assesses academic proficiency and learning characteristics of each student referred to the CST for evaluation and interprets the findings in written reports and informal conferences.
- Prepares with other CST members, teachers, and parents an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for each identified student.
- Monitors and evaluates the educational program of students with special learning needs through observations, review of school records, staff conferences, and written observation reports to determine where the present educational program is the one best suited for teh student's development.
- Assures the effective implementation of students' instructional programs and accommodations.
- Completes in a timely fashion all records and reports as required by law or by a supervisor.
- Protects confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and uses discretion in sharing such information.
- Provides consultation to administration and instructional staff concerning student learning.
- Manages student programs, conferring with teachers, parents, and students as needed throughout the school year.
Physical Requirements: (The physical demands are representatives of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Able to sit, stand, and walk for required periods of time
Able to reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools, computers, and/or controls
Egg Harbor Township Board of Education is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer