Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Degree in computer science/informational technology from a nationally accredited 2 or 4 year college or technical school, or equivalent education/work experience/certifications from accredited technical programs.
- CompTIA A+ certification required. Network+ certification a plus.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 2 years of experience supporting and repairing Dell Optiplex and Latitude devices running current Microsoft operating systems in network environment, and additional experience with servicing HP Laserjet printers.
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle to be used daily to complete job tasks in the 4 schools across the district (mileage reimbursed).
- Criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status and a complete physical examination.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds and be able to climb ladders to service classroom projectors, network access points and cameras.
- Excellent communication skills and previous experience working in an academic institution; preferably in K-12 education, strongly preferred.
- Experience with the Google for Education platform a plus.
- Applicant must be organized and comfortable working independently utilizing a helpdesk system to complete daily tasks.
- Must pass a required criminal history check and proof of U.S. citizenship or resident alien status.
- Reside in New Jersey as per the NJ First Act.
- Act as the Technology Department contact for the student 1:1 laptop program. ? Responsibilities include student support of hardware and software issues, submission of insurance and repair claims, in-house repair of devices, and addressing student helpdesk in a timely manner.
- Provide additional technical support/service to staff and student helpdesk requests at the 4 schools in the district. Responsible for the support and maintenance of all desktops, laptops, SMART boards, projectors, and HP laser printers.
- Provide assistance on district-wide technology projects and initiatives including desktopand laptop deployments and hardware replacement projects.
- Perform any other such duties as the Technology Coordinator may deem necessary in order to effectively manage the district’s network and technology devices.