Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
1. Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificate in Elementary Education/Elementary School with Subject Matter Specialization Endorsement or Eligibility for Middle School or Specified Subject Area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective teaching methods and developmentally appropriate classroom activities.
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- Such other qualifications as the Superintendent may find acceptable and appropriate.
Principal / Academy Administrator
To provide an approved educational program that meets the NJCCCS and establish a class environment that fosters learning and personal growth, to help students develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for continued education, and to maintain good relationships with parents and other staff members. Teacher must be able to move about the classroom while delivering daily lessons.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
10 month contract
Annually by the Principal/Academy Administrator.
- Works to achieve total alignment with the New Jersey State Core Curriculum Content Standards and district educational goals and objectives by promoting active learning in the classroom using Board adopted curricula and other appropriate learning activities.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides opportunities for individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Sets specific objectives wherever possible in lesson preparation and weekly lesson plans and carries through presentation to effectively achieve these objectives.
- Assesses student academic progress and personal growth toward stated objectives of instruction. Must be knowledgeable of concepts presented on standardized or criterion referenced assessments for their grade level.
- Maintains records of student’s educational progress in class record books and/or Board approved forms and summarizes these marks for reporting purposes.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and resolving learning problems.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Budgets class time effectively.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to inform them about the school program and to discuss student progress.
- Devises written and oral assignments and tests that require analytical and critical thinking as well as the reproduction of facts.
- Plans class activities and lesson presentations that are age-appropriate for the class and meet the individual needs, interests and ability levels of all students.
- Maintains professional competence and continuous improvement through in-service education and other professional growth activities.
- Participates in school-level planning, faculty meetings/committees and other school system groups.
- Makes effective use of community resources to enhance the instructional program.
- Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations and Board policy.
- Contacts substitute caller to report absence - must state name, school assignment and reason for absence.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor, the Superintendent of Schools or his designee.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION - EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER