In our District, we put students first. Our vision: all Camden students will attend a high quality school where they are valued, challenged, and prepared for college and careers that positively impact their community and the world. High quality schools have a great teacher in every classroom, housed in safe clean buildings equipped to meet the needs of 21st century learners, with the support of an efficient and effective Central Office. All this is possible only with the right team members in place, working together with partners and the community to provide all students the academic, social, and emotional supports needed to succeed in school and beyond. Read more here.
The Specialist Grants will play a key role in supporting schools by assisting the Senior Director g in managing district grants accounting. The Special, Grants ensures compliance with legal and best practice standards for financial practices, and preparing reports and recommendations based on the district’s revenue and grant activities. The Specialist supports students by strengthening the district’s financial health through management of its grant funding streams.
· Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree. Preferred
· One (1) year of experience in a business or government agency/school district providing administrative support services and/or coordinating work activities.
· Knowledge of modern office management principles, procedures, techniques, and their adaptation.
· Knowledge of survey techniques, statistical, and research methods.
· A valid driver’s license as well as current insurance and vehicle with valid registration
· Required criminal history background check, physical, and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
Role and Responsibilities.
. Compiles, analyzes and submits data for state and federal reporting
· Oversees the requisition development and submission process for all grant-funded procurement.
· Updates and maintains the Grant Team’s requisition tracking system/database.
· Maintains records and files for the district’s major grant programs
· Plans, schedules, and attends meetings and conferences, and prepares after-action reports/notes
· Interprets grant regulations, statutes and guidance
· Performs research for various projects as needed
· Learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the Business Office.
· Acquire knowledge of division and department organization and programs
. Ability to organize assigned administrative work and develop appropriate work methods
. Prepare statistical, financial and other reports as needed;
. Ardent ability to analyze problems and data sets to take and or recommend action
. Ability to plan and monitor administrative control systems
. Effective oral and written communication skill that offer the ability to analyze, edit, review and interpret complex technical material
. Maintain cooperative working relationship with internal and external stakeholder, schools and agencies
We are seeking individuals who will exemplify the District’s core values:
Respect and Humility
We serve our community by recognizing the strengths, experiences, and perspectives of others. We humbly recognize our own limitations and incorporate lessons we gain from our reflective practice.
We use evidence to inform decisions and to ensure that we are accountable to our students and families.
Communication & Collaboration
We communicate openly and work collaboratively, recognizing that getting to the best possible decisions requires input from others. Honest communications build trust and establish a community that assumes best intentions.
With respect for the complexity of this work and the history that precedes us, we focus on persistence, resourcefulness, and inclusiveness to drive toward solutions.
Reports to and Evaluated by:
Senior Director, Grants
Competitive, Based on qualifications and experience.
12 month, Non-Affiliated/Non-Tenured
Pending availability of funds and Superintendent's approval)
Camden City School DIstrict is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply CCSD NIMBLE HIRE