Caldwell-West Caldwell School District is seeking a part-time computer technician for the summer.
Start date is expected to be July 5 with employment until the end of September, 2023.
Apply online at www.applitrack.com/cwcboe/onlineapp
Please see job description below for more information.
CALDWELL/WEST CALDWELL PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Summer Part Time Technical Support
Under general direction from the Supervisor of Technology, provides technical support to users, installs, upgrades, maintains and troubleshoots end user desktop hardware and software. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
The general level and nature of this position are described below. This is not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties and skills; other tasks may be assigned by the Supervisor of Technology.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works to assure that technology in the classrooms is functional and ready to use by the beginning of the new school year
- Ability to install new hardware and/or software
- Ability to lift and move computers
- Ability to follow instruction and stay on task independently
- Perform computer inventory and input data into spreadsheet
- Familiarity with setting up instructional equipment
- Able to make minor repairs to computer equipment and network, when possible, as well as replace hardware and peripherals
- Help with deploying desktop hardware and peripherals in the classrooms
- Maintain printer and other peripheral hardware
- Support with Audio/Visual equipment installation or maintenance
- Assist with mounting/un-mounting of instructional hardware devices (projectors, SmartBoard)
- Familiarity with Network/Cabling (basic) connections
- Ensures that all service provided is in a professional, courteous and timely manner
- Good verbal communication skills
- Possess a valid NJ driver's license
||Supervisor of Technology
||Experience with providing technical support to end users (preferably in an educational environment)
Able to work with minimum supervision
Technical certifications desirable but not required
||Work is performed in school environment over the summer months
The employee is occasionally required to crawl, climb, kneel, pull/push, carry, climb a ladder, etc.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 lbs.
Terms of Employment:
The work is Part Time, not to exceed 20 hours per week
Flexible to work varying shifts
Salary to be set by the Board of Education
Performance of this job will be evaluated annual in accordance with state law and the provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.