The Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Custodian C.
In our District, we put students first. Our vision: all Camden students will attend a high quality school where they are valued, challenged, and prepared for college and careers that positively impact their community and the world. High quality schools have a great teacher in every classroom, are housed in safe, clean buildings equipped to meet the needs of 21st century learners, with the support of an efficient and effective Central Office. All this is possible only with the right team members in place, working together with partners and the community to provide all students the academic, social, and emotional supports needed to succeed in school and beyond. Read more here.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of modern cleaning methods, materials, and equipment
- Experience in custodial related functions (preferred)
- Experience working with the District as a custodian or sub-custodian (preferred)
- Possess a Black Seal License or must obtain one within two (2) years of employment
- Personal qualities of orderliness and neatness
- Demonstrate ability to read and follow directions found on supplies and equipment printed in English
- Ability to do heavy lifting of a minimum of fifty (50) pounds and perform heavy duty tasks
- Required criminal history background check, physical and proof of U. S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Sweep, mop, buf, wash and performing related cleaning tasks, including but not limited to all instructional areas, toilets, walkways, asphalt areas, hallways, entrances, meeting rooms, etc.
- Clean and dust walls, blackboards, lockers, furniture and plumbing fixtures and other areas/items as appropriate
- Wash windows and other glass areas
- Maintain stockroom, storage areas and supply closets in a safe manner, including the removal of rubbish and debris
- Move supplies, furniture and equipment as directed by the Principal/Supervisor, using appropriate safety equipment and procedures
- Heavy lifting of a minimum of fifty (50) pounds and the performance of heavy duty tasks
- Assist in making sure all doors are locked and unlocked and all areas are secured to prevent unauthorized access as directed by the Principal/Supervisor
- Check fuel/oil levels (when appropriate), replace light bulbs and make minor repairs
- Raise and lower the flag, according to protocol
- Report or correct dangerous or unsightly conditions on and around the premises including disposal of rubbish
- Assist in maintaining an inventory and securing equipment and supplies, including but not limited to applicable technology such as HVAC, computers and other systems
- Performance of assigned duties in accordance with general acceptable industry safety standards
- Conduct periodic building checks of all doors and other areas as required to make sure the facility is secure and operational when assigned evening and/or weekend assignments by Supervisor
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices
- Be available when called upon by the Supervisor or Central Administrators after the regular work day
- Will be required to support projects and initiatives in other departments throughout CCSD on an as-needed basis
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Supervisor’s designee
- Frequently moves items weighing up to 50 pounds to pack, load, and deliver orders; exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Frequently lifts items weighing up to 50 pounds, including raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position
- Frequently bends and twists holding items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Climbing/balancing – maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces
- Stooping – bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Crouching – bending body downward and forward by bending leg and spine
- Reaching – extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Subject to atmospheric conditions including fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation
- Subject to extreme temperatures (temperatures below 32 degrees or above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour, which may be exacerbated by wind and/or humidity)
We are seeking individuals who will exemplify the District’s core values:
Respect and Humility: We serve our community by recognizing the strengths, experiences, and perspectives of others. We humbly recognize our own limitations and incorporate lessons we gain from our reflective practice.
Evidence-based: We use evidence to inform decisions and to ensure that we are accountable to our students and families.
Communication & Collaboration: We communicate openly and work collaboratively, recognizing that getting to the best possible decisions requires input from others. Honest communications build trust and establish a community that assumes best intentions.
Solutions-oriented: With respect for the complexity of this work and the history that precedes us, we focus on persistence, resourcefulness, and inclusiveness to drive toward solutions.
- Principal/Operations Manager, via Head Custodian (Custodian A)
- Principal/Operations Manager and Facilities Manager, Custodial
SALARY, EMPLOYMENT PERIOD, AND UNION AFFILIATION
- Communications Workers of America (CWA) Custodian C Salary Scale
- Twelve months, non-tenureable position
- Communications Workers of America
(Pending availability of funds and State Superintendent’s approval)
THE CAMDEN CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER