Union County Educational Services
Westfield, New Jersey
(Full-Time, 10-Month Position)
Union County Educational Services Commission is a public agency in Westfield, NJ that was established to provide cost-effective educational programs and services for the twenty-one public school districts located in Union County. The Commission is currently seeking a full-time Paraprofessional at Crossroads School, a public preschool, elementary and middle school program serving students from ages 3 to 14 who are diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Full-Time, 10-Month Contracted Position
- Hours: 8:20 – 2:40 p.m.
- Competitive Public School Salary
- Comprehensive Individual Medical & Dental Benefits
- NJ Pension System Eligibility (PERS)
- Paid sick, personal, and family illness days
- Opportunities for summer employment
- Assist teachers in the implementation of instruction across all domains including but not limited to academics, vocational readiness, recreational programs, and therapeutic sessions.
- Assist students with Activities of Daily Living including feeding, toileting, diaper changing, personal care, and dressing.
- Assist teachers in the implemention of behavior modification strategies and interventions which may involve the provision of physical prompting and redirection to students.
- Assist students during community-based instruction trips off school grounds.
- High School diploma required. Earned 60+ college credits from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Experience working with students with disabilities, preferably in an educational setting
- NJ Department of Education Substitute Teacher certification preferred
Please complete the online application in its entirety to be eligible for an interview.
Previous applicants need not apply as applications are maintained for one year in our employment database.
Thank you for your interest!