Applied Technology Teacher
Full Time Tenure Track Position 2019-2020
Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District
- To develop students' skills and competence in business and industry, technical skills, the use of technology, and the ability to problem solve in a wide variety of settings.
- Develops and administers technology education curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives; develops technology units to be delivered in the classroom or technology lab.
- Teaches skill and knowledge in applied technology, drafting, CADD and Robotics or related fields.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials, and utilizes appropriate equipment for subject area; translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Designs learning activities to demonstrate the application of technical skills to everyday existence; guides students in the selection of projects or experiments.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Maintains familiarity with district and New Jersey State standardized tests for the purpose of adapting curriculum to maximize student achievement on such tests.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other staff members for the purpose of maximizing the uses and effectiveness of technology in student learning activities.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records; ensures machines and equipment are in proper working order.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- In-dept knowledge of, and ability to use, MS Office Standard (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) 2003 and 2007.
- Knowledge of PC and MAC hardware and software.
- Knowledge of a wide range of industrial, technical and technology-related subject areas, as well as best practices in incorporating technology into student learning activities.
- Knowledge of data information systems, and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Appropriate New Jersey State Certification
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Successful prior teaching experience preferred.
You may use the APPLY button.