Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
LEARNING DISABILITY TEACHER-CONSULTANT
Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars
- An excellent communicator, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively to a variety of stakeholders.
- A strong problem-solver, who thinks critically and plans strategically.
- A graduate of a Master’s Degree Program who possess a New Jersey Learning Disabilities Teacher-Consultant Standard Certificate (required)
What You’ll Do
- Partner with the Child Study Team in evaluating, classifying and recommending programs for scholars.
- Consult with FPCS personnel, e.g., school leaders, social workers, counselors, teachers and related services personnel regarding scholars’ behaviors and needs to build recommendations and manage the process for the completion of evaluations.
- Serve as the case manager on the child study team.
- Administer educational and perceptual testing to all referrals and as recommended for an evaluation plan in reevaluations.
- Assist in identifying and providing consultation and educational programs for classified and non-classified scholars.
- Participate in the development of the evaluation plan with the Child Study Team.
- Consult with parents concerning pre-referral intervention, special class placement, referral to outside agencies and program development for scholars.
- Consult with school personnel on scholar needs when requested or appropriate to assist in development of classroom interventions.
- Ensure that all records in the case folder are in order and completed within the mandated time frame, as per NJ regulations, including reviewing and updating at regular intervals.
- Participate in the development of IEPs for all scholars.
- Complete other evaluative and administrative duties as assigned.