Summer Camp Activity Specialist Instructor - Summer 2023
REPORTS TO: Summer Camp Programs Manager
POSITION START DATE: June 19, 2023
- Prior experience as camp supervisor or relevant role
- Experience teaching relevant set of skills
- Teacher Certification Preferred
Activity Specialists are responsible for lesson planning and implementation of age-appropriate lessons for students in their content area. These content areas include hands-on experience in arts & crafts, PE games, ropes course, archery, lanyard making, cooking, science, basketball, soccer, volleyball, dance, gardening and more. Specialists will lead daily activities in area of specialty, work on team building and make summer camp an unforgetable experience. Activity specialists are expected to work a minimum of 4 camp weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan and submit lesson plans before the start of summer
- Create supply lists and help in ordering lesson materials
- Implement lessons daily throughout the summer
- Inventory all supplies
- Any additional tasks as assigned by the Camp Program Manager
- Attend an orientation prior to camp beginning
*** PLEASE NOTE: Camp staff are eligible for a camp tuition fee waiver for their children. ***
Applications are being accepted on-line through Applitrack until the position is filled.
Randolph Township Schools - Frontline Recruitment (applitrack.com)
Randolph Township Schools is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
"Effective September 1, 2011, all employees of State and local government must reside in the State of New Jersey, unless exempted under law. If you do not reside in New Jersey, you have one year after the date you take your office, position, or employment to relocate your residence to New Jersey. If you do not do so, you are subject to removal from your office, position or employment."