Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Information Technology Support Assistant (ITSA)
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work: Part-Time Position. Monday – Friday (30 Hours per Week)
The ITSA will be responsible for providing frontline technical support to the staff and students. This includes installing software, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, remote connection or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user application assistance where required.
I. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
1) Minimum High School Diploma or GED required A two-year college degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field &/or support experience with a minimum 3+ years of quality work experience as a Technician supporting a 300+ user environment is desired.
2) CompTIA A+ Certification, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
3) Experience with Anti-virus, mobile devices is required.
4) Experience with internal and external ITIL standards and methodologies desired.
5) Windows, IOS, MS Office 2019, Active Directory, Google Suite Apps for Education (knowledge of setting up forms, surveys, using Google scripts, etc.), Intel-based desktop/laptop hardware, Apple smartphones, Android smartphones, and Local & LAN based printing, VPN, Network devices, LAN Connectivity and 3rd party Productivity applications.
6) Ability to effectively multi-task in a high-activity, high-performance atmosphere.
7) Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
8) Ability to work independently within stated procedures and policies.
9) Demonstrate customer service personality.
10) Exemplary oral and written communication skills.
11) Ability to work with staff and students in a problem resolution role.
12) Ability to take initiative on projects, training, and professional development.
13) Basic networking knowledge and troubleshooting skills are required as well including TCP/IP, wireless, and VPN.
14) Significant demonstrated experience:
a. Hardware troubleshooting and issue resolution protocols.
b. Assist with managing network systems and device configurations, TCP/IP protocols, wiring infrastructure.
c. Install, manage, and support software applications, including digital textbooks.
d. Utilize Smart board tools and Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access for productivity tasks.
1) 15. Excellent customer service attitude; strong organizational, and interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively, written and verbal.
2) 16. Must be able to interact effectively with individuals at all levels within and outside the School environment, and possess the judgment and discretion needed to handle and retain confidential information.
3) 17. Occasionally bend, squat, kneel, climb stairs or lift stand, or push or pull with forces up to 25 pounds or less.
II. POSITION DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES
1) This position will support the efforts of the IT Coordinator to offer onsite computing support to the two campuses under the leadership of the Coordinator of Information Technology while enhancing the mission and vision of AUL Charter School, which will benefit the AUL learning community.
2) Assist with the coordination of phone and email requests from staff/students in need of IT technical support.
3) Perform limited system administration functions on select Windows servers.
4) Perform technical support for computer hardware, operating system, network connectivity, desktop applications, education applications, printing and email.
5) Assist with the deployment of all technology devices, manage and inventory all computer/electronic hardware systems database as equipment is purchased or replaced.
6) Assist with the configuration of devices, perform desktop/laptop imaging and restorations, troubleshoot configuration problems and establish client network connectivity.
7) Provide communication assistant for teachers/staff/students with telecommunications access through network devices such as district VoIP telephone system.
8) Assist and plan with the relocation, additions and upgrades of all technology equipment.
9) Provide technical advice, guidance and informal training to staff using hardware and software programs.
10) Assist and mentor student IT Interns; and follow up on assign tasks.
11) Performs other tasks as assigned.
Limited travel to and from meetings, campuses, FEDEX/UPS may be required.
Reports to the School District Technology Coordinator.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environment, walking, climbing up and down stairwells. The employee must frequently lift and / or move up to 10 pounds. The facility is not ADA compliant.
Experience: Job related experience is required. Working in a school setting is preferred.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Associate’s Degree or higher (Bachelor’s Degree) is preferred.